For family night last week we had an upside down evening! I found the idea in a family magazine and thought that it would be fun. We served dinner upside down and put a table cloth down and ate underneath the table... It was a little uncomfortable for David, but the kids thought it was silly. We had chicken put pies turned upside down, and I got little juice bottles at the store and cut a hole in the bottom and put a straw in for their drinks. We played Chutes and Ladders for our activity, but in reverse. We started at the finish and worked our way to the beginning. Also we went up slides instead of down, and down ladders instead of up! It was a little crazy at first but we got the hang of it. For dessert I really wanted to do upside down sundaes, with the cherry and toppings on the bottom and the banana on top, but totally forgot to get everything when I was at the store. So we improvised with an upside down chocolate pie. I didn't get a picture because the graham cracker crust totally cracked and fell apart when I flipped it. Oh well, it still tasted good. We had a good time and enjoyed the little twist on the evening. I want to try doing some more things that are fun and unusual for family time too so it's not the same every week. I will keep you posted on new things....
2 comments:
Very fun idea. You are such a good mama!
This looks so fun! I love the bottles upside down!
Post a Comment