Monday, July 21

Looking for a good time?!?!

Whenever I get some time to myself between naps and cleaning (unfortunately not enough time), I like to enjoy it by watching some Frocks and Carriages. Frocks and Carriages? you might be asking youself... Well they are a nickname for 19th century based chick flicks, the best kind! A time when love was pure, and men were actually GENTLEMEN. I am currently in the proccess of persuading my husband to wach them with me. I have succeeded in two of them, HOORAY! It is hard to pick a favorite, so I have narrowed it down to ten! There are a lot of variations of the same stories out there, but these are the best (in my opinion). If you are just starting out, I would recommend North and South or Pride and Prejudice. They are fairly long, but extremly worth it! So next time you are looking for a good movie, have some spare time, or in a bad mood....check one of these out!!!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I would have to agree. I find myself watching Pride and Prejudice over and over again. Still haven't seen North and South. Will have to try to find it and rent it.
Sometimes I wish those times were these times!!

Sherrie said...

Yay for Frocks and Carriages! North and South forever...")

Jen H. said...

..... Mr. Thorton forever!!! He can sit next to me anyday!

Jen H. said...

Rebekah, I know you love the Sense and Sensibility with Hugh Grant, but you NEED to check out the Masterpiece Theatre one that came out a little while ago. I think it is way better. I know, I know, I didn't think it was possible either!