Saturday, November 22

Utah Chocolate Show

We went to the Utah Chocolate Show yesterday because who doesn't love chocolate! TONS of yummy samples everywhere!


David and Mason enjoying the chocolate

But I mainly wanted to go because they host Utah's Grand Wedding Competition. I had no idea about this until the first week in November, and got really excited. I looked it up and there was only a week left to enter, but the entry fee was $95! EEK! Maybe another time. I decided to go and scope out the competition and maybe enter next year. Boy let me tell you, people have got crazy good skills! There were only about 11 cakes entered, some better than others, but all REALLY well done. Here were some that I liked:















My absolute favorites where the stacked presents and the one with the chocolate fountain, how clever! I couldn't really tell who won, it was either the all chocolate one with the pink and yellow flowers or the white lacy one with a pink rose. They both had ribbons that said Grand Champion, but that all brown one had the most ribbons.

After going I have seen what people do and how they judge. I think that life-like flowers are a big thing, but I don't make those yet. So I am not sure if I will enter in the future, but it was still fun to go see other peoples works of art.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I think that cake you did for the state fair could have easily placed in that competition!!!!! You are so freakin good at what you do! I think you should enter next year and show them all how it's done!!!

Sherrie said...

Hey-
My Mom went and I think she said the stacked boxes one was the winner.
I think the both of you should try it next year!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure who the winner was, I just noticed that those two had lots of ribbons on them. Your mom should definitely enter next year, she is so awesome!